INTERNATIONAL SEA FREIGHT
The bulk of our business is Commercial Freight Cargo moving via ocean. Shipments move either by full ocean freighted containers (i.e.: 20', 40', 45) or by loose load LCL (less container load).
We also offer Special Ocean Freight Flat Rack/ Flatbed and open top containers for shipments that are oversized or overweight.
Freight charges on Ocean Freight Containers are based on commodity, port of origin and port of discharge. Door delivery is another option with extra charges.
Loose Freight or LCL (less container load) is usually palletized, and rates are based on per cubic meter (L x W x H=39"x39"x39") or per 1000 Kgs/2200 lbs, whichever creates greater revenue. Loose Freight or LCL is consolidated into 20'/40' containers together with other shippers which provide considerable savings.
Please note, that consolidation does have a few disadvantages. Machinery and larger items that are loaded into the same container can cause damage to fragile items. Therefore, it is highly recommended that fragile items are placed in wooden crates. The crate size should not exceed the interior dimensions of the container (L x W x H=234"x88"x90").
Our CFS (container freight stations) are located all around the United States and Worldwide.
We provide a Weekly Service with the shortest transit time subject to destinations.
Moving your household goods overseas demands skill & professionalism, especially when addressing the contents of your home. Our years of experience lend to the necessary care to pack, wrap and box all your fragile items before they are loaded into a container.
As an example, a two and half bedroom and a medium size automobile (i.e. Ford Taurus/Toyota Camry) requires a 40’ size container (see specs of container). Two or three bedrooms without an automobile would utilize a 20’ container. The technique of loading an automobile in the same container needs be considered carefully, such as the vehicle being blocked/braced & tied down inside the container, including a wall of separation built around the automobile so the is no movement during transit/sailing.
You have also the option to load your household goods yourself and we could deliver the container to your door, provided you obtain the necessary permission from City Hall or Sheriff’s department, to park the container on a trailer on a public road (please be considerate of scheduled street cleaning days). We allow you to keep the container for three days. The ‘do it yourself’ option provides significant savings. However, if you intend to load the automobile along with your personal & household goods, please call us for specific instructions.
Requirements by U.S. Customs & Steamship Lines
1. When loading an automobile into the container, the gas tank should be less than ¼ tank.
2. Ensure that there is enough engine oil and anti-freeze coolant.
3. The battery cables must be disconnected or taped around the battery leads.
4. U.S customs require the original title/pink slip 7 to 10 days prior to vessel cutoff date and sailing.
5. The title must be in your name or signed off from the previous owner.
6. If the automobile is brand new and you are not in possession of the title yet, you must have an M.S.O (mfg. state of origin).
EXPORTING VEHICLES OVERSEAS
Reliable Freight International offers a weekly fast transit roll on/roll off
car carrier service, including consolidation of automobiles into ocean freighted containers. 2 –3 automobiles are delivered to our warehouse from various shippers and are loaded into 40’ container. This enables each customer to share the cost of the freight charges.
RFI also accepts motor cycles and motor boats on a trailer/cradle. This service is generally shipped by 20’ 40’ & 45’ and subject to the size of the boat & trailer.
We can pick-up your automobile/motorcycle/motor boat/motor home from your door to our warehouse. At the warehouse, the item is securely blocked/braced and cushioned into the container so that there is no shifting or movement during sailing.
Automobiles either delivered to our warehouse or picked up by us, must comply to the following shipping line rules:
- Gas tank must be less than ¼ of gas.
- Ensure that vehicle has enough anti-freeze/coolant in the system.
- Ensure that engine oil is sufficient in the engine.
- The original title /pink slip is required for U.S. customs 10 days prior to vessel's cut off.
- If the vehicle has been recently purchased by the dealer, you could provide the MSO (mfg. state of origin) for the U.S. customs clearance.
- We will complete the U.S. customs documentation for you, but they will require your Federal Tax ID, driver’s license copy or passport page.
Please fill out the form below and one of our agents will contact you within the next two hours. Thank you for making RFI your reliable shipping partner
Or call/email - Tel: 951 278 4242 / email@example.com
Mon-Fri USA 8:30-5:30 PST